Greater Boston Magic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for open discussion of all things related to Magic: The Gathering by players in the Greater Boston Area.

2 posters

u/b vampiric jace

adamt
    adamt

u/b vampiric jace Empty u/b vampiric jace

Post  adamt Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:31 pm

I started brewing this from a mono black list that Craig Wescoe had posted with Perscutors in a vampire shell with consuming vapors/smothers/etc...

I put together his list (he had 4 sign in bloods for his card draw) and found the life loss to be restrictive and thought "why not add blue for jace/card draw"

Jace is another win condition as well as also giving you another way to deal with your Persecutors.

it will obviously need some tuning, but here's where I've started at..

3 Smother

4 Consuming Vapors
    1 Consume the Meek (could be 4th smother)

3 Jace TMS
    4 See Beyond (could be divination)

3 Vampire Hexmage

4 Gatekeeper of Malakir

4 Vampire Nighthawk

3 Abyssal Persecutor

4 Malakir Bloodwitch

1 Diabloic Tutor (not sure tutor pkg is neccesary, but having a 4th Jace, 2nd mind sludge, etc seems worthwhile)
    1 MInd Sludge

4 Drowned Catacomb
    4 Creeping Tar Pit
    2 U/B/X tri lands

1 Island
    14 Swamp
    JohnJackson
    JohnJackson

u/b vampiric jace Empty Re: u/b vampiric jace

Post  JohnJackson Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Rather than trilands with no use for the other color, run terramorphic expanse and evolving wilds. I'd probably also try to squeeze Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief in there someplace (probably over a Bloodwitch). Against Jund she seems way better.

Is Smother the best choice for removal? Missing Baneslayer seems like it would be pretty important, but I guess you do have all those Bloodwitches.

Consuming Vapors and/or Tendrils of Corruption seem like they belong somewhere in here.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:05 am