Greater Boston Magic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for open discussion of all things related to Magic: The Gathering by players in the Greater Boston Area.

3 posters

Top 10 Creatures

jdoucette24
    jdoucette24

Top 10 Creatures Empty Top 10 Creatures

Post  jdoucette24 Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 am

Matt, Noah, Chase, and I started having this conversation last night but I wanted to hear some other opinions. We were discussing the ten best creatures in the game and this is the list we came up with so far...

- tarmogoyf
    - wild nacatl
    - spellstutter sprite
    - arcbound ravager
    - psycatog
    - dark confidant

I suggested that it might be time for bloodbraid elf to make the list. I also think wild mongrel and possibly vendilion clique may be on the list. so i put it to you! what else should round out the top 10
    Conelead
    Conelead

Top 10 Creatures Empty Re: Top 10 Creatures

Post  Conelead Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:35 pm

My top 10 creatures:

Birds of Paradise, Noble Hierarch, Tarmogoyf, Dark Confidant, Eternal Witness, Vendilion Clique, Bloodbraid Elf, Knight of the Reliquary, Tombstalker, Psychatog
    jdoucette24
    jdoucette24

Post  jdoucette24 Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:08 pm

i can agree with witness but i dont like noble heirarch and birds in the list. its one of the other. knight of the reliquary is pretty darn good but i dont know if its that good. tombstalker i have never played with so i cant comment. i firmly believe that sprite, nacatl, and ravager are on the list
    Robert Goulet
    Robert Goulet

Post  Robert Goulet Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Top 10 Creatures 47

That will be all gents.
    Conelead
    Conelead

Post  Conelead Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:49 pm

jdoucette24 wrote:i can agree with witness but i dont like noble heirarch and birds in the list. its one of the other. knight of the reliquary is pretty darn good but i dont know if its that good. tombstalker i have never played with so i cant comment. i firmly believe that sprite, nacatl, and ravager are on the list

See, the problem with Ravager and Sprite (and to a certain degree Nacatl) is that they are only good in specific decks. The "best creatures of all time" should be good by themselves, across all formats and a wide variety of decks from the kitchen table to the tournament table. Birds and Hierarch deserve to be on that list because almost every single game I open with a forest in my hand I would like to also drop Birds or Hierarch on turn 1. I would like to do this in every format, limited, EDH, constructed, prismatic, even MENTAL MAGIC. Can you say the same thing about Spellstutter Sprite, Ravager, and Nacatl?
    jdoucette24
    jdoucette24

Post  jdoucette24 Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:53 pm

by that rational, pschatog is good by itself but completely broken in his own deck.
    Conelead
    Conelead

Post  Conelead Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Exactly, which is why he's on the list.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:39 am