Greater Boston Magic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for open discussion of all things related to Magic: The Gathering by players in the Greater Boston Area.

Barely Koros

adamt
    adamt

Barely Koros Empty Barely Koros

Post  adamt Thu May 06, 2010 4:56 pm

how about this list...

2 stoneforge mystic
    3 ajani vengeant

4 goblin guide
    4 plated geopede
    4 cunning sparkmage
    4 goblin bushwhacker
    4 hell's thunder

4 lightning bolt
    3 devastating summons

2 basilisk collar
    1 trusty machete

4 arid mesa
    4 scalding tarn
    2 terramorphic expanse
    2 plains
    3 smoldering spires
    10 mountain

sparkmage/collar to take out creature based decks
    summons/bushwacker to just punish control for tapping out early (or late) with no defense
    ajani v to geddon control decks...

totally untested.. just brewing a decklist on paper while at work...
    i found the devastating red deck to just die when it can't deal with a bare baneslayer...
    ajani and sparkmage/collar can deal with her and her little wall friends too.
    sphinx can be a problem, but at 6 mana...

thoughts?
    adamt
    adamt

Barely Koros Empty Re: Barely Koros

Post  adamt Wed May 12, 2010 2:04 pm

i finally got to test the barely koros deck on MODO last night..
    i like it as it has some game against everything but superfriends (u/w/r planeswalkers) but just feel like it is missing something.. like BSA from the board or something for certain matchups..

here's an updated list:

1 stoneforge mystic
    3 ajani vengeant
    3 path to exile

4 goblin guide
    4 plated geopede
    4 cunning sparkmage
    4 goblin bushwhacker
    4 hell's thunder

4 lightning bolt
    3 devastating summons

2 basilisk collar

4 arid mesa
    4 scalding tarn
    2 terramorphic expanse
    2 plains
    3 smoldering spires
    10 mountain

s/b
    path
    manabarbs
    runeblaster
    act of treason

i played it against:

u/w/r
    he kept topdecking like a pro when he was at 3/4 to kill my 7 counter ajani with his own or getting elspeth ultimate against a deck that does a ton of damage... i never drew the summons/gbw combo at all against that deck when he kept tapping out to play planeswalkers.

vampires
    close games as he was running grim discovery main and kept nutdrawing his nocturnus' and returning them and getting a black card on the top... i never drew the sparkmage/collar combo which would run him over and there was always a tendrils available when he needed it it seemed.

naya
    ran over the deck.. he did some cute things with bbe in game 2 but sparkmage/collar and 15 dmg from summons/gbw g3 ran him over

some enchantress nonsense
    g1 and 3 i ran him over and sparkmaged all his creatures as he was going to enchant or pathed them.
    g2 he had that "everytime you play an enchantment you get an angel" card which let his 1 creature who had 5 enchantments on it kill me as he could leave the angels back to block

jund
    he was playing with abyssal persecutor...
    g1 i ran over him, game 2 he bbe'd into a blightning TWICE, g3 he attacked with his team stupidly and tapped down to 1 r mana when he was at 12 and i killed him with summons/gbw and two 6/5 elementals with haste (he killed the gbw)

mythic conscription
    i killed all his guys g1 with sparkmage combo and then hells thundered him away
    g2 he gets a bunch of firewalkers and rhinos and i never see paths or sparkmage combo
    g3 i kill him after he puts conscription into play onto a bird and gets me to 2. i spired his soveriegn and the gg i had out + summons/gbw for 17 total (3/2 gg, 2/1 gbw 6/5 elementals)..

mythic rafiq
    g1 i get sparkmage combo and keep him off of creatures and kill him with gbw/summons
    g2 he topdecks finest hour with rhino in play and i can't recover from the life swing
    g3 i kill two rafiq's and various mana dorks and manage to get him down to 4 and he topdecks his 3rd BSA. sad panda.

boros
    i run over him game 1 with sparkmage combo
    g2 he gets a bunch of fetches and landfall guys and i get no removal
    g3 i get sparkmage combo and kill him shortly with hasty 5/4 elementals

people need to learn not to tap out/down against red decks..

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:36 pm